Hᴀᴘᴘʏ Bɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ !
𝟰𝟮 𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝟰𝟮 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 …
1. INVEST in yourself first The most important investment you could ever make is the one you make in yourself, in your health, your growth, your dreams, your mindset… You are the most important asset you possess and you learning to love and nurture yourself if the greatest gifts of all
2. LAUGH! We sometimes forget how important laughing is and how positively it can influence our hormones, vagus nerve and brain health
3. Like everything in nature, you're either growing or dying ... Make sure to nurture the right things to keep growing!
4. The people you surround yourself with will directly influence your choices and your life… Choose your company wisely...
5. Learn to treat and love others the way THEY would like to be treated and loved
6. Someone once said: “It takes one to stand in the dark alone. It takes two to let the light shine through”. Asking for help is proof of courage, not weakness
7. If you need an advice, ask those who have the results you want. Otherwise you may end up somewhere you don’t want to be
8. It is ok to REST, actually it is necessary. Recharge your battery when you need to. You can never pour from an empty cup
9. Stop doing things just to please others, and when you do because your heart tells you to, never expect anything in return
10. You are either learning or stuck in Groundhog Day … what we are not learning, we are repeating until we hear the universe yelling at us!
11. When we start taking responsibility for our life we stop blaming and complaining. Blaming our people, our partner, our friends, our kids, the neighbour or the traffic is not ever going to help our healing
12. We create our own reality: stop projecting and start creating
13. Release any belief that are no longer aligned to your highest self
14. People can only do their best with the tools they have in that specific moment. You cannot know what you don’t know, but when you start seeing the path of evolution you understand that everything is “learnable”
15. Getting to deeply know your own self is where growth lies
16. Learn how to COMMUNICATE. Learn how to speak your truth, how to communicate your concerns, how to set your boundaries… kindness and open heart is always a good place to start
17. Learn how to be grateful of the little and simple things in life
18. Healing is a choice. Truth is, we cannot change our past, we cannot change things that happened to us. What we can do though, is take responsibility to shift it, heal it and free ourselves from it. How we show up in life is entirely our choice
19. Be CURIOUS, learn new things, cultivate interests in people, in things and in yourself
20. The more you heal, the more you will turn dysfunctional reactions into mindful actions
21. Focus on what you can control... Solve the problem, or leave the problem. Do not live with the problem or the problem will become your life
22. Emotional maturity doesn’t mean that I’m never ever going to get sad, upset, angry or overwhelmed. It means that I mindfully learn how to regulate my emotional overload and nervous system during those events
23. Your past doesn't define your future...
24. Fears, self-doubt, your ego and your emotions are your friends... Not your enemies...
25. Don’t be ashamed of crying… it is a powerful way of releasing stuck emotions, stuck energy and tensions
26. Hate brings more hate. Kindness and empathy may have a chance to actually increase loving attitudes
27. Our Mind and Body are deeply connected. Dis-ease is more often than not our body sending us signals that something has remained stuck somewhere
28. DANCE … I’m not talking about professional dancing of course! But dancing has wonderful powers to regulate our nervous system and release our body
29. The power of FORGIVENESS is exponential. Forgiveness for ourself and for others. Forgiveness doesn’t mean condoning, but simply letting go something that creates heaviness and dis-ease in our bodies
30. Learning to balance feminine and masculine energy is key! (and yes, we all have both!)
31. We will never be able to stop our mind from thinking ! All we can do is learn how we react to our thoughts and let them go, like a wave that comes and goes
32. A lot of people do not know how to express feelings, emotions and love. The more you learn how to handle certain things within your own body, the more you can teach other people too
33. Sit in silence or meditation at least 15 minutes a day. Breathe, exhale fully, let go, allow your energy to flow through you
34. Keeping things inside is never a good thing …
35. Give yourself permission to take risks once in a while!
36. “Perfectionism is the willingness to be imperfect” - the constant quest for impossible perfection will derail us from what’s really important
37. The need to always being right generally is a coping mechanism trying to fill a need for certainty and significance
38. Going through almost 20 years of disease taught me that we can love ourselves despite it. We are definitely not broken
39. “Doing the work” does not mean revisiting old traumas. It means letting go, accepting, forgiving and restoring safety within your body
40. Some people will never understand me or see me for who I truly am. And that’s totally ok!
41. Judgment is often a mirror of what we fail to see or accept within ourselves. Be mindful, it can be well disguised
42. Objectivity rarely exist. Our brain filters through perception, deletions, distortions and generalisations
This was A LOT!! Thank you for reading until the end